The rhubarb in our garden is huge right now. Michael said to me this is the best way to eat rhubarb!
This beautiful roasted rhubarb & raspberry is so easy to make. I serve with the recipe I call “A sort of crêmet d’Anjou” – very light and tasty. Also goes well with yogurt or ice cream.
- rhubarb 700g
- raspberry 100g
- 1 unwaxed small orange
- unrefined sugar 70- 90g I use coconut sugar. For a brighter colour, use light brown sugar.
- baking parchment and deep baking tray
- round glass pie dish or ovenproof round dish
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/ (Fan 180°C /Gas).
- Place baking parchment on top of the baking tray – cut it larger than the tray, so you won’t lose the lovely juice.
- Zest and Juice the orange.
- Cut rhubarb diagonally into 5 cm ( 2″) pieces.
- Transfer the chopped rhubarb onto the baking tray (covered with the baking parchment). Toss with sugar and arrange in a single layer. Sprinkle orange zest and pour orange juice,
- Cook uncovered for 15 – 20 minutes until the rhubarb is tender and still keeps it shape – taste the juice after 10 minutes. If you want to make them sweeter, just sprinkle more sugar.
- Wait until cool enough to touch.
- Display the rhubarb in the pattern of flower from the edge of the tray.
- Decorate the rhubarb with raspberries.
- Baste the syrupy juice over the rhubarb and raspberries.
- Place the tray back in the oven and roast for a further 5 minutes.
- Serve with my recipe “A sort of crêmet d’Anjou” or yogurt or ice cream.