Whenever I cook beetroot, I am always amazed how beautiful they are. This is one of the easiest recipes from me.
★This recipe is so easy, so I haven’t given any quantities. Just add as you please!
- orange and red beetroot
- vegetable stock
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- large pan
- Peel and cut orange and red beetroot into 6 sections and put them in a pan.
- Add water and a good vegetable stock – the one I use is a macrobiotic chinese stock.
- Simmer until the beetroot becomes nicely softened (I like them to be slightly harder than pickled beetroot). Turn off the heat and let them cool down a bit – this builds the good flavour for your soup.
- Heat the soup again. Season with salt and pepper if needed.
This soup is lovely with some ginger rice ball or “Chijimi” buckwheat pancake.
Autumnal Yuki and Ruby.